The notification for NEET 2019 has been released. NEET 2019 application form will be released from November 1, 2018. The last date to submit the application form will be November 30, 2018. Application correction will be done from the month of December 2018. Successfully registered candidates can get their NEET admit card from April 15, 2019 onwards.
NEET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Last Updated : Oct, 18, 2018
NEET 2019 Exam Dates
The NTA has announced the exam dates for the NEET 2019 examination. Candidates can check the table below to know about all the important dates of NEET 2019.
|Application Form||November 1, 2018||NEET Application Form ends on November 30,2018
|Application Form Correction Window||December 2018||(-)|
|Admit Card Release Date||April 15, 2019||Download Admit Card from nta.ac.in|
|NEET 2019 Exam Date||May 5, 2019||Exam duration will be 3 hours
|Result Declaration||June 5, 2019||Check NEET Result online at nta.ac.in
|Commencement of Counselling||June 13 onwards||Counselling for 15% All India Quota is organizing by MCC of DGHS
NEET 2019 Application Form
The release date for the application form is November 1, 2018. The last date for filling up the application form is November 30, 2018. The mode of release and submission of the NEET 2019 Application Form will be online. Aspirants can check below the step-by-step approach to fill in the application form.
Register on NEET website in order to access the application form. You will receive your ID and password on the registered ID or Mobile No. for future log ins.
Filling the Application Form
Fill in the required details – personal details, Choice of Examination Centre, Academic Details and Address and Details of Parents.
After carefully filling the above-mentioned details, upload your passport sized Photograph, Signature, and Left Hand Thumb Impression.
This is the final confirmation step, where you are required to remit the fee via:
- Debit/ Credit Card
- Net Banking
- E-Wallets of different service providers
- Offline Mode- Via challan
|General/ OBC||INR 1400|
- After successful payment, a confirmation page will be generated.
- Take a print out of the page and keep it safely for future use. Make note that the confirmation page is NOT to be sent to the board.
- Preserve it until the end of admission and counseling process. For further assistance, you can refer to the detailed explanation of the application process at our NEET Application Form page.
NEET 2019 Eligibility criteria: Are you eligible?
Aspirants require to fulfill certain eligibility criteria in order to appear in the examination. The application forms of the ineligible candidates are not accepted, so aspirants are advised to through the NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria listed below.
- Indian nationals, OCI, PIO, NRI and foreign candidates will be eligible to apply.
- The minimum age limit will be 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
- The upper age limit will be 25 years for general and 30 years for SC, ST and OBC candidates on the date of examination.
- Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- In the qualifying exam, students must have physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology and English subjects.
- Candidates should have obtained minimum 50% marks (for general), 45% marks (for general PH) and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC candidates in the PCB stream.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
NEET 2019 Admission Process
After counselling, candidates must report to their allotted colleges within the specified time period. For the admission process, candidates must take original documents for verification along with self attested photocopies.
Paperwork: Documents Required
- High School & Intermediate Marksheets
- High School & Intermediate Passing Certificate
- NEET admit card
- NEET Rank Letter
- Category Certificate (For reserved category candidates)
- Birth Certificate
- 8-10 Passport Sized Photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter generated online
- Identity proof
NEET 2019 Syllabus
Exam syllabus includes questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology curriculum of class XI and XII by CBSE. It is prepared after the Medical Council of India (MCI) reviews various State Syllabi as well as those prepared by NTA, CBSE, NCERT, and COBSE. Check NEET Syllabus
|Subjects included||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Number of Questions||180 (45 each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology)|
|Maximum marks per question||4|
+4 for correct answer
-1 for incorrect answer
0 for no answer/ more than one answer
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Assamese, Kannada, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati|
NOTE: NCERT books of biology and chemistry is most important for preparation of NEET Exam.
|Complete NEET Guide: Physics||MTG Editorial Board||978-9385966354|
|40 Days Physics for NEET||SB Tripathi||978-9350949504|
|29 Years NEET-AIPMT Chapterwise Solutions - Physics||MTG Editorial Board||978-9385966446|
|Objective NCERT at Your Fingertips for NEET-AIIMS - Physics||MTG Editorial Board||978-9385966385|
|Name of the Book||Author||ISBN|
|Complete NEET Guide: Biology||MTG Editorial Board||978-9385966378|
|29 Years Biology Chapterwise Solutions for CBSE AIPMT & NEET||Arihant Experts||978-9350949276|
|Trueman's Objective Biology for NEET - Vol. I & II||M.P. Tyagi and JP Goyal||978-8187223740|
|NCERT BOTANY Booster for NEET (AIPMT) AIIMS & All Other Medical Exam (First Edition 2016)||S. Ansari||ASIN: 9384934445|
|Name of the Book||Author||ISBN|
|Complete NEET Guide: Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board||978-9385966361|
|Objective NCERT Question Bank for NEET - Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board||978-9385966422|
|29 Years NEET-AIPMT Chapterwise Solutions - Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board||978-9385966453|
|40 Days Chemistry for NEET||Sudhanshu Thakur||978-9350949528|
NEET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully submitted their application will be able to get the NEET 2019 Admit Card. Here we are providing details about admit card:
- NEET hall ticket 2019 will be released from April 15, 2019.
- The board will provide the facility to get the admit card via online mode.
- A format for affixing of postcard size photograph will be released along with the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy found in the admit card, contact with the officials.
- When student will download their hall ticket, a PDF copy of the same will be send to the candidate’s registered email ID.
- Failing to produce necessary documents, candidate might not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The exam centres will be notified by the NTA before the release of the application form.
- Previously, In 2018, NEET was held across 2255 exam centres in 136 cities.
- Aspirants are required to fill in their choice of exam centre according to their order of preference while filling up the application.
- However, the preference for NEET 2019 Exam centers is still limited to 3 choices for all the applicants.
- All the exam centers will have an option for taking NEET in English, Hindi and Urdu.
- The option for vernacular languages will be limited to that particular state only. In total, 8 vernacular languages will be available apart from English, Hindi and Urdu.
- Candidates in Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya without Aadhaar Card need to select exam cities within their own state only. Final allocation of the center will be done by NTA on first-cum-first-serve basis.
- NEET exam centres will be allotted according to the preference of the candidates and also according to the availability of centres for conducting NEET.
NEET Cut Off 2019
Candidates have to secure marks more than cut off to qualify the examination. Candidates can check details about NEET 2019 cut off from below:
- The cut off will be published through online mode.
- It will be released along with the result.
- The cut off will depend upon different factors like number of candidates appeared in the exam, student’s performance, difficulty level of the exam, etc.
- The previous years qualifying cut off (out of 720 marks) of NEET UG exam is mentioned below:
|Category||Cut Off 2018|
|OBC, SC & ST||288|
|UR – PH||324|
|OBC, SC, ST – PH||288|
CBSE will release the Cut off in June 2018 post declaration of results. Here’s a list of the top colleges with their opening and closing ranks.
|Name of Institution||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||1||7643|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||35||11397|
|B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad||71||20508|
|Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh||73||5109|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||82||22347|
|Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur||99||56117|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||104||58243|
#NEET Previous Year Trend
- NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) is an all India level entrance examination for admission into MBBS and BDS courses after class 12th.
- It is a pen – paper based exam comprising 180 MCQs from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- Over 13 lakh students have registered for the national level medical entrance examination this year for the 66,000 seats in medical and dental colleges across India.
- The qualifying marks for General Category ranged from 131 to 697 for NEET 2017.
- CBSE has released the official answer keys for the medical examination tentatively on May 25, 2018.
- NEET replaced AIPMT as the qualifying medical entrance exam in 2016.
NEET Results 2019
- Students those will appear in the exam can check their result via online mode.
- NEET 2019 Result will be announced on June 5, 2019.
- It will not be prepared category wise.
- There will be no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of the answer sheets.
- Earlier, result of NEET has been released by CBSE on June 4, 2018.
The qualifying percentage will depend on the candidate’s category. Tabulated below is the same:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth and Category
- Scores secured in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Total Marks Secured
- Total Percentile
- All India Rank
- Category Rank
- All India Quota Rank (15% Seats)
- Cut off score for NEET Counselling
- Qualification Status of candidates
NEET UG 2019 Rank List
- The board will prepare a merit list as per the guidance of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
- The merit list will be prepared for the 15% All India Quota.
- Students will be invited for counselling as per their rank in the NEET UG examination.